By default extension of envi images

Agustin Lobo
A minor issue: envi images do not necessarily have an extension, but
opticks presumes one within a set of options. Could just "no extension" become
one of them? Most of envi images do not have any extension, thus I often have to
change to "all files" to actually see them in the list.
Thanks
Agus

Re: By default extension of envi images

RE: [Opticks-users] By default extension of envi images

You can open the corresponding .hdr file (which is required to have the hdr extension for ENVI) instead of the data file. hdr files should show up in the default extension list.

A minor issue: envi images do not necessarily have an extension, but
opticks presumes one within a set of options. Could just "no extension" become
one of them? Most of envi images do not have any extension, thus I often have to
change to "all files" to actually see them in the list.
Thanks
Agus

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id%3D58041151%26iu%3D/4140/ostg.clktrk&k=1GMYaKjmAz8SrwAdnQ9klA%3D%3D%0A&r=Ho639Wn0LQPE3P8SnMqwUA%3D%3D%0A&m=RrPDPdm2%2FE3YxQg%2BIA91j7tTFJYuQtfUbQX9odxioyI%3D%0A&s=6180ee716f16644a6219da7be0999877e271957ac002167c63b2b4b66d508359
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/opticks-users&k=1GMYaKjmAz8SrwAdnQ9klA%3D%3D%0A&r=Ho639Wn0LQPE3P8SnMqwUA%3D%3D%0A&m=RrPDPdm2%2FE3YxQg%2BIA91j7tTFJYuQtfUbQX9odxioyI%3D%0A&s=985ba99049bd6e01b5a020edb1086baff75eeedda6ef7d2b3af23833915deb37

Re: By default extension of envi images

Sulgrove, David
RE: [Opticks-users] By default extension of envi images

This is one of the nice things about Opticks in that you can select either the header file or the data file when importing ENVI data.  If you select the header file to import, Opticks searches for the data file in the same directory with the recognized extensions and also with no file extension.  The reason that “no extension” was not included in the file filters in the Import dialog is that effectively the other filters would then be ignored.  If you typically import ENVI data files with no file extension, I suggest selecting the corresponding header file instead, which is included in the file filters.

- David

You can open the corresponding .hdr file (which is required to have the hdr extension for ENVI) instead of the data file. hdr files should show up in the default extension list.

Re: By default extension of envi images

Tobe, John
RE: [Opticks-users] By default extension of envi images

Presumably dragging files onto Opticks is an option as well?

[...]

Yes, dragging ENVI data files with no extension (or their header files) onto the Opticks window will import successfully as well.

[...]

Yes, selecting the hdr is easy and fast. Thanks!
Agus