Display MNF components but check spectral signatures

Display MNF components but check spectral signatures

Agustin Lobo
I would like to display MNF components (or PCA or even
3 indices) as RGB composites to enhance visual contrast
between different materials but then use the spectral tool
to plot reflectance signature plots of clicked pixels.
Is this possible?
Agus

Re: Display MNF components but check spectral signatures

First run PCA or MNF. When the resulting dataset appears either bring up the Raster Layer's properties (context menu in the Session Explorer) or click once in the image to focus keyboard input and use the shortcut keys to set the rgb channels. You'll probably need to hit 't' for color then #r#g#b for the different color channels. For example, to set components 3, 2 and 1, you'd type the sequence: t3r2g1b

----------------------
Trevor R.H. Clarke
Software Engineer, Ball Aerospace
(937)320-7087

Yes that's no problem. But then what I want is to get the plot of the
original reflectance values  in the signature window. In other words,
being A the original image with reflectance values and AMNF
the MNF transform of A, I want to display AMNF1,AMNF2,AMNF3 as RGB but
get the pixel values
of A in the signature window.
Agus

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Clarke, Trevor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> First run PCA or MNF. When the resulting dataset appears either bring up the Raster Layer's properties (context menu in the Session Explorer) or click once in the image to focus keyboard input and use the shortcut keys to set the rgb channels. You'll probably need to hit 't' for color then #r#g#b for the different color channels. For example, to set components 3, 2 and 1, you'd type the sequence: t3r2g1b
>
> ----------------------
> Trevor R.H. Clarke
> Software Engineer, Ball Aerospace
> (937)320-7087

The short and easy answer is you can do this but it's a little tricky:
1) run mnf/pca
2) In the Session Explorer open the Windows tree for the original dataset and right click on the Raster Layer then select Properties
3) Make sure Display Mode is RGB
4) In the RGB section you'll see the Display Band combo boxes for RGB. In addition there's a Display Element combo box for each. Change the element to the MNF/PCA element then select the bands/components to display.

Now you should see the RGB from the transform but selecting a pixel spectra will display the original reflectance/radiance