Export georeferenced classification results

Export georeferenced classification results

Steven Pawley
Hello,

Opticks is a great remote sensing package with some really nice tools for exploring imagery like interactive thresholding, which is better than any other software that I've used. One feature that I'm confused about is how to export the results generated by the spectral processing extension, e.g. SAM classification, to other GIS software for further analysis. It appears that any classification results that appear as an overlay are not georeferenced if I export the classification element. What is the correct way to export classification results as georeferenced image, either for the entire scene, and also if the SAM classification was performed within an AOI?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Re: Export georeferenced classification results

dadkins
Administrator

Steve,

If you right-click on the layer (not the element), you should be able to export it as a KMZ or KML file by selecting “KML Layer Exporter” from the list of available exporters.

Please let us know if this works for you or if you need a different file format.

Thanks,

Dustan

Opticks is a great remote sensing package with some really nice tools for exploring imagery like interactive thresholding, which is better than any other software that I've used. One feature that I'm confused about is how to export the results generated by the spectral processing extension, e.g. SAM classification, to other GIS software for further analysis. It appears that any classification results that appear as an overlay are not georeferenced if I export the classification element. What is the correct way to export classification results as georeferenced image, either for the entire scene, and also if the SAM classification was performed within an AOI?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Re: Export georeferenced classification results

Steven Pawley
Hi Dustan,

Thanks for the response, I've tried the kml/kmz exporter and its works, although it introduces the complexity that (a) not all software can bring in this format easily, and (b) the exporter produces a 3-band RGB image, rather than a single band image with the pixel values equal to the digital values of each class. Is there a way to export the classification results including georefencing information to a geotiff?

​Thanks,

Steve

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:15 AM, Adkins, Dustan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Cooper, Dan

Having a single band color image with KML output for geolocation onto a google earth map would be very very useful