Landsat 5/7 Support

kstreith
Administrator
I've uploaded a Python script in an AEB, [1] to make it easier to
install that adds support for loading Landsat 5/7 data in GeoTiff
format.  Specifically, any of the free Landsat 5/7 data you can get from
the USGS Glovis, [2] should load into Opticks with this script.

In addition to support loading of this data, there are three additional
capabilities:
 - Convert the VNIR/SWIR data into calibrated radiance.
 - Convert the VNIR/SWIR data into at sensor solar corrected
reflectance.
 - Convert the TIR data into temperature (Kelvin)

The equations used for the above are from the official Landsat Handbook
[3].

This functionality will eventually be moved into the Spectral Processing
Extension as C++ plug-ins.  You should watch EXTRAS-193 [4] and
EXTRAS-190 [5] in our bug tracking system for progress updates.

I am very interested in feedback, so that I might include it as I move
this functionality to the Spectral Processing Extension.

Thanks,
Kip

[1] - http://opticks.org/confluence/x/NYJb
[2] - http://glovis.usgs.gov/