MNF

Agustin Lobo
Two questions regarding MNF:
1. In order to perform the inverse, how do I open a mnf transform once
I've closed it?
I can do it just after computing it, but if I close it I cannot manage
to openit again.

2. In order to calculate the inverse with a subset of the MNF
components, I have to
2.1. Calculate the full MNF
2.2. Inspect the full MNF and select the nb of components
2.3. Recalculate the MNF with that nb of of components
2.4. Calculate the inverse
because I cannot save a subset of the full MNF as that file is no
longer recognized as
an MNF file.

Would not make more sense just using the full MNF and prompting the
user how many components should be used for the inverse?

Thanks

Agus

Re: MNF

The "from SNR plot" checkbox in the forward transform is designed to help choose the number of components to use. You can choose the number of components to keep there (or if you know how many you want ahead of time, just enter it in the main dialog). If you need to visualize the resulting MNF image first and sub-cube by band, you can use the chipping tool on the main toolbar (advanced mode does band selection) and you should be able to invert the result using the stored mnf transform file.

Trevor R.H. Clarke
Software Engineer, Ball Aerospace
(937)320-7087