Matlab Plugin installation

harish kashyap
Hello!

I just installed Opticks and was interested in installing the MATLAB scripting plugin. I followed the drag-and-drop method, after which I was asked to accept the License agreement. I did and then clicked Finish.

However, the process never started and it said "Error installing the extension.

Unable to install MATLAB". Can you tell me where I am going wrong? I tried the same with another extension - Spectral-1.9.0. However, I got the same error. Kindly tell me how to do it.

Thank you.

Re: Matlab Plugin installation

amedeo602@hotmail.com
When running Opticks make sure to run as administrator. If the drag and drop method still does not work, try installing via the Extensions dialog. There used to be (and may still be) issues with using the drag and drop method on some versions of Windows based on UAC settings.

> On Feb 18, 2015, at 2:54 AM, Harish Kashyap <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I just installed Opticks and was interested in installing the MATLAB scripting plugin. I followed the drag-and-drop method, after which I was asked to accept the License agreement. I did and then clicked Finish.
>
> However, the process never started and it said "Error installing the extension.
> Unable to install MATLAB". Can you tell me where I am going wrong? I tried the same with another extension - Spectral-1.9.0. However, I got the same error. Kindly tell me how to do it.
>
> Thank you.

Re: Matlab Plugin installation

Goffena, Robert

Are you installing on Windows Vista or later?  If so, did you start Opticks with admin privileges?

I think Windows Vista or later requires Opticks be started with admin privileges, to install an AEB into Opticks.

Robert Goffena

Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.

2875 Presidential Dr. Fairborn, OH 45324-6269

Phone:  (937) 320-4096

Fax:  (937) 429-1687

Re: Matlab Plugin installation

harish kashyap
Thanks! That got it working! I ran it as Administrator to install the extension.

Is there any way to use images in the 'Workspace Window' directly as inputs in the MATLAB scripting window and do processing on them and then display them on Opticks itself?

Thank you for the quick reply.

Re: Matlab Plugin installation

harish kashyap
Thank you! I ended up installing with after running as Adminstrator from Help->Extensions->Install.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Dustan Adkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
When running Opticks make sure to run as administrator. If the drag and drop method still does not work, try installing via the Extensions dialog. There used to be (and may still be) issues with using the drag and drop method on some versions of Windows based on UAC settings.

> On Feb 18, 2015, at 2:54 AM, Harish Kashyap <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I just installed Opticks and was interested in installing the MATLAB scripting plugin. I followed the drag-and-drop method, after which I was asked to accept the License agreement. I did and then clicked Finish.
>
> However, the process never started and it said "Error installing the extension.
> Unable to install MATLAB". Can you tell me where I am going wrong? I tried the same with another extension - Spectral-1.9.0. However, I got the same error. Kindly tell me how to do it.
>
> Thank you.

Re: Matlab Plugin installation

You should be able to view a list of commands by typing "opticks" in the matlab scripting window.  There are functions which will give you array access to the data you have loaded.

Trevor R.H. Clarke
Software Engineer, Ball Aerospace
(937)320-7087