NITF Importer missing

Sweet, Nathan Lee
Howdy,

I thought I'd try out Opticks for viewing NITF files, so I downloaded 4.12 and installed it on my Ubuntu 16.04 system.  Opticks runs fine, but when I went to import NITF files, the NITF importer was completely missing from the list of importers.  Is there a trick to enabling that functionality?

Thanks for any help.

Re: NITF Importer missing

Tobe, John

The linux version of Opticks is more limited in its capabilities, I don’t remember if the NITF importer is available.  Does Nitf.so show in the plugins tab of session explorer?  Are there any error messages in the message log window?

I thought I'd try out Opticks for viewing NITF files, so I downloaded 4.12 and installed it on my Ubuntu 16.04 system.  Opticks runs fine, but when I went to import NITF files, the NITF importer was completely missing from the list of importers.  Is there a trick to enabling that functionality?

Thanks for any help.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: NITF Importer missing

Sweet, Nathan Lee
Ah, yes, it turns out there were a number of plugins not loading because they need libjpeg62.  Installing that package fixes the problem.  Thanks, John.

On Fri, 2016-11-04 at 17:46 +0000, Tobe, John wrote:

The linux version of Opticks is more limited in its capabilities, I don’t remember if the NITF importer is available.  Does Nitf.so show in the plugins tab of session explorer?  Are there any error messages in the message log window?

I thought I'd try out Opticks for viewing NITF files, so I downloaded 4.12 and installed it on my Ubuntu 16.04 system.  Opticks runs fine, but when I went to import NITF files, the NITF importer was completely missing from the list of importers.  Is there a trick to enabling that functionality?

Thanks for any help.

Re: NITF Importer missing

Look in the messages window and see if there’s an error loading the plugin. You could have a library mismatch.

----------------------

Trevor R.H. Clarke

Software Engineer, Ball Aerospace

(937)320-7087

I thought I'd try out Opticks for viewing NITF files, so I downloaded 4.12 and installed it on my Ubuntu 16.04 system.  Opticks runs fine, but when I went to import NITF files, the NITF importer was completely missing from the list of importers.  Is there a trick to enabling that functionality?

Thanks for any help.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: NITF Importer missing

Tobe, John

You’re welcome!

Ah, yes, it turns out there were a number of plugins not loading because they need libjpeg62.  Installing that package fixes the problem.  Thanks, John.

On Fri, 2016-11-04 at 17:46 +0000, Tobe, John wrote:

The linux version of Opticks is more limited in its capabilities, I don’t remember if the NITF importer is available.  Does Nitf.so show in the plugins tab of session explorer?  Are there any error messages in the message log window?

I thought I'd try out Opticks for viewing NITF files, so I downloaded 4.12 and installed it on my Ubuntu 16.04 system.  Opticks runs fine, but when I went to import NITF files, the NITF importer was completely missing from the list of importers.  Is there a trick to enabling that functionality?

Thanks for any help.

Training and support from Colfax.