Preferences Location and nested Wizards Folders?

Preferences Location and nested Wizards Folders?

Jay L.
List,

I am running Opticks on a VM accessible to multiple users.  I would like to standardize the location of the wizards directory.

What is required to get alterations in Options > File Locations > Wizards to propagate through a reboot, i.e. the preferences I set are only good until I close Opticks?

Is it possible to have a nested wizard directory?  This is purely for organization on my side.

parent_dir <wizards>
    dir <camera1>
    dir <camera2>

Thanks,
Jay

Re: Preferences Location and nested Wizards Folders?

dadkins
Administrator

What is required to get alterations in Options > File Locations > Wizards to propagate through a reboot, i.e. the preferences I set are only good until I close Opticks?

--Changes you make should be saved at a per-user level when you close Opticks.

If you are using the same account, then this setting should persist (assuming that you closed Opticks normally and not forcefully, e.g.: via Task Manager or VM shutdown).

If the setting does not persist, please report a bug in our issue tracker [1] so we can investigate it.

You can make changes to Opticks at the system level (which is what it sounds like you want to do) by manually editing the .cfg files in the DefaultSettings folder in Opticks installation directory.

Most of the settings are in 1-ApplicationDefaults.cfg.

You can also add a new .cfg file to that directory with NN-mySettings.cfg where NN is some number (settings are evaluated low to high, so higher numbers take precedence).

Is it possible to have a nested wizard directory?

--Opticks does not support nested wizard directories. You can visit our issue tracker [1] to request an enhancement and/or submit a patch.

Thanks,

Dustan

[1] https://issues.opticks.org

Re: Preferences Location and nested Wizards Folders?

RE: [Opticks-users] Preferences Location and nested Wizards Folders?

There are actually 2 wizard locations. The options directory is per-user but the Wizards directory in the installation directory will always be used. (actually, I'll need to double check..I think it's Wizards but it might be SupportFiles/Wizards   you can try both, only one will work)

Re: Preferences Location and nested Wizards Folders?

Jay L.
Dustan,

Thanks for the info!

I up voted https://issues.opticks.org/jira/browse/OPTICKS-1122 as it looks like this request was initiated previously.  I'm unfortunately primarily a python programmer, so I'm not much help in generating a patch for the enhancement request.

Best,
Jay

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Adkins, Dustan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Good call. Usually I have to remind others to search before posting, and this time you reminded me. J

Were you able to resolve the other issue?

I am running Opticks on a VM accessible to multiple users.  I would like to standardize the location of the wizards directory.

What is required to get alterations in Options > File Locations > Wizards to propagate through a reboot, i.e. the preferences I set are only good until I close Opticks?

Is it possible to have a nested wizard directory?  This is purely for organization on my side.

parent_dir <wizards>

    dir <camera1>

    dir <camera2>

Thanks,

Jay

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee.  Please

notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you are

may be unlawful.  Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all messages

Re: Preferences Location and nested Wizards Folders?

Jay L.
Dustan,

I'm back in the office tomorrow and will check then.  From an external connection I have to ssh into two machines (nested) and compressed X11 forwarding is quite slow...

Thanks,
Jay