(no subject)

Peter Raeth

Not having root access to this multi-user Linux machine, I tried to use the following to install Opticks under my personal account:

rpm --root $WORKDIR --dbpath Opticks_RPM -Uvih --nodeps opticks-4.11.0-2.x86_64.rpm --prefix=$WORKDIR/Opticks_Installed

This resulted in the following error message:

error: package opticks is not relocatable

What approach is best under these circumstances?

Thanks,

Peter.

Re: (no subject)

You can manually unpack the rpm:

rpm2cpio opticks-4.11.0-2.x86_64.rpm | cpio –idmv

You’ll then need to edit Bin/Environment and set OPTICKS_HOME appropriately

Trevor R.H. Clarke

Software Engineer, Ball Aerospace

(937)320-7087