(no subject)

grant von mayer
Hi all,
I am experimenting with Opticks 4.12.0 and have a few elementary issues. Note, I am using RGB and NIR images off a drone and not satellite imagery.
1) when importing JPEGs they import in greyscale. I need in assistance in importing such that all bands are available.
2) I need to produce an NDVI and so need to merge the NIR with the RGB in order to calc the NDVI. How is this most easily achieved.
Thanks in advance
Grant

Re: (no subject)

Tobe, John

Grant,

1. Opticks imports all three bands for jpeg images, but to display them you need to right-click on the JPEG’s raster layer in session explorer and open the properties dialog for that layer.  From there, switch the display mode from Graycale to RGB and then select band 1 for red, band 2 for green and 3 for blue for a normal RGB image.

2. For this you should be able to use the Band Math tool (under General Algorithms) to add bands together (or subtract, multiply, etc). You could also write a plugin to work with the Raster data directly, if needed.

John

Re: (no subject)

Goffena, Robert

2.  The RasterMath extension may provide more flexibility, than Band Math tool, to accomplish your goal.

I believe the RasterMath extension has not yet been built against Opticks 4.12.0.  If you think you need the RasterMath extension, maybe you or someone else using Opticks can update the RasterMath extension.

http://opticks.org/confluence/display/opticksExt/Raster+Math

Robert Goffena

Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.

2875 Presidential Dr. Fairborn, OH 45324-6269

Phone:  (937) 320-4096

Fax:  (937) 429-1687