signature window does not open

Agustin Lobo
The signature window does not open despite I have it selected
in the toolbar and in the Dock Windows list.
The windows for vertical and horizontal profiles open with no problem.

I'm I missing something?

Thanks

Re: signature window does not open

It's possible the window is undocked and ended up off-screen somewhere. We save the window location and state which is restored when the app starts up. If you go to your profile directory (on Windows, usually c:\users\username\App Settings\local settings) and look in the Opticks directory, you can delete the user settings cfg file (do this when opticks is closed or it will be re-written). This will reset the app settings to the defaults and you should be able to get the window on-screen.

The signature window does not open despite I have it selected
in the toolbar and in the Dock Windows list.
The windows for vertical and horizontal profiles open with no problem.

I'm I missing something?

Thanks

in one place.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__pubads.g.doubleclick.net_gampad_clk-3Fid-3D241902991-26iu-3D_4140&d=AwICAg&c=jF7FvYH6t0RX1HrEjVCgHQ&r=BZAdW7eZ7BA-TVm8CsncxQ&m=wFHxEVQyEMBZ4vImRdrSY-PtOwYHbWB23Wa9xbdiCeU&s=20o-uCCdAf6kye13k-T2TIN6SMkvYVOjX4wpwCldsgI&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.sourceforge.net_lists_listinfo_opticks-2Dusers&d=AwICAg&c=jF7FvYH6t0RX1HrEjVCgHQ&r=BZAdW7eZ7BA-TVm8CsncxQ&m=wFHxEVQyEMBZ4vImRdrSY-PtOwYHbWB23Wa9xbdiCeU&s=25-P2a5zSKLmZuWCU98zRjwq97opYI7faci9icfuRJo&e=

Re: signature window does not open

Agustin Lobo
I'm using linux, where should I look for that file and which is the
exact name of it?
Thanks

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Clarke, Trevor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's possible the window is undocked and ended up off-screen somewhere. We save the window location and state which is restored when the app starts up. If you go to your profile directory (on Windows, usually c:\users\username\App Settings\local settings) and look in the Opticks directory, you can delete the user settings cfg file (do this when opticks is closed or it will be re-written). This will reset the app settings to the defaults and you should be able to get the window on-screen.

~/.opticks
The name will vary a little based on your opticks version. I don't recall the exact name but it will be UserConfig-<version_info>.cfg  or something very similar.

I'm using linux, where should I look for that file and which is the
exact name of it?
Thanks

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Clarke, Trevor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's possible the window is undocked and ended up off-screen somewhere. We save the window location and state which is restored when the app starts up. If you go to your profile directory (on Windows, usually c:\users\username\App Settings\local settings) and look in the Opticks directory, you can delete the user settings cfg file (do this when opticks is closed or it will be re-written). This will reset the app settings to the defaults and you should be able to get the window on-screen.

Considine, Michael
After loading a data file, select the 'Display pixel signature' tool. Then position the cursor over the pixel(s) of interest and select them, one at a time by left clicking with the mouse. The Signature Window should appear with the first selection.

Michael Considine

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__pubads.g.doubleclick.net_gampad_clk-3Fid-3D241902991-26iu-3D_4140&d=AwICAg&c=jF7FvYH6t0RX1HrEjVCgHQ&r=d4U898eL6e5FR-Cax_2ze-JyjJ0Ktkpj06PoNg9w4IM&m=QWr3X4J13vpotE1LPdEBWefXu91glnTp3xpNkBBWHS8&s=auBYWqgutpcE5d571eNV0tBHM8LRsNLMmisqyv3-MAI&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.sourceforge.net_lists_listinfo_opticks-2Dusers&d=AwICAg&c=jF7FvYH6t0RX1HrEjVCgHQ&r=d4U898eL6e5FR-Cax_2ze-JyjJ0Ktkpj06PoNg9w4IM&m=QWr3X4J13vpotE1LPdEBWefXu91glnTp3xpNkBBWHS8&s=-M1nx4BXKeOAetbVVS69pXxYH21J3EXmvDS6--T6cIk&e=

Re: signature window does not open

Agustin Lobo
Thanks Michael, but the problem was that the window was not
coming up. Anyway, the problem has been solved following
Trevor's indication.

Agus