supervised classification with optics

Josep Sitjar
Dear all,
I'm considering the possibility of using Opticks in a remote sensing course. I've been testing the software, and it could meet my needs.
But I have one question: it's possible to do a supervised classification with Opticks? How?

Thanks in advance,

--
Josep Sitjar
Técnico SIG

Re: supervised classification with optics

Josep Sitjar
Dear Kip,
thanks for this information.
I've put the signatures into a Signature Set, but now I can't find the Parallel Piped Classifier algoritm. Where can I find this?

Thanks in advance.

On 23/05/11 15:27, Streithorst, Kip wrote:

Josep,

Yes, supervised classification could be written for Opticks.  You would simply need to take multiple signatures for a training class and put them together into a Signature Set using our Spectral Library Builder.  Once you had a Signature Set for each training class, I believe that would enough to write either a Parallel Piped Classifier or Maximum Likelihood Classifier.

Thanks,

Kip

Re: supervised classification with optics

kstreith
Administrator

Josep,

We don’t currently have a Parallel Piped Classifier.  I was stating that one could be created/written using one Signature Set for each class.  Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Kip

Re: supervised classification with optics

Josep Sitjar
OK Kip, thank you very much.
Your information has been very usefull for me.

Thanks,